Hey peeps! I’m back again, this time with a post I’ve honestly been meaning to write ever since I started this blog. Especially now, because schools have shut down, I’m having a hard time keeping up with all my assignments, and I decided that you should NOT have to go through the same thing. Here is my top advice for keeping up with schoolwork:
- Always have a planner handy. Believe me, I never used to believe anyone when they told me this. I used to think that my brain worked fine on its own. But ever since I started high school, I’ve realized that that is SO not true. Having a planner handy to see what tasks you’ve got coming up actually helps you manage your time really well. And as a result, you will not stress about last-minute tasks!
- Before working, make a to-do list. In order to have productive study sessions, I’ve found that making to-do lists actually is very effective. As I work along each task, I simply tick it off on the list. Another really helpful thing is to estimate how much time you think each task will take(realistically!) and write it next to your list.
- Get rid off all disruptions. I get that you might need to have your phone for homework,(and frankly, I hate not having my phone beside me) but make sure you turn off all other disruptions(tv, radio,etc.)
- Give yourself a break. After working really hard, my brain starts hurting(not literally;)) and I feel like I really need a break. Give yourself a 20 min break where you can check your phone, watch some you tube or go for a run.
- Put assignment/exam notifications on your phone. I’ve started doing this a lot, and I find that it is super helpful to have a reminder of my assessments so I don’t stress too much.
Are there any other strategies? Comment below:) Anna xx
*Picture Credits: http://www.freepik.com Schoolbag with books and scattered stationery on desk