Happy belated Earth day! Earth day was yesterday, and I was meaning to write a post about it, but then I totally forgot😅. Anyway, here it is now! Earth Day is a day celebrated around the world to show support for environmental protection. This post is also about climate action, because the theme for 2020 is climate action.
I’m guessing you all know about global warming, right? For those who want a little bit more info, global warming is when the average temperatures of Earth’s climate system keep rising. This can have a huge impact on our planet. For example, the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest coral reef system is slowly losing all of it’s colour, and is getting bleached white. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the most beautiful, colorful natural spectacles around the world, and it sucks to know that we are going to lose the reef if immediate action isn’t taken.
Climate change is one of the biggest challenges for the future of humanity. If every single person in the world doesn’t decide to take some action, we may lose many of the natural wonders of the world.
Just letting you guys know: I am a total pro-Greta Thundberg person. Why those stupid memes, guys? She isn’t campaigning for some selfish reason of hers. She is campaigning for US. For our future generations. It is an amazing thing that such a young girl could make her voice heard by the world’s most powerful leaders. I think that people who don’t support her honestly need to be talked to. Don’t take this personally. I love all of you regardless❤️. Fun fact: Did you know that she has selective mutism, obsessive compulsive disorder(OCD) , autism and Asperger’s syndrome? I think that she should be looked up as an idol, because she is so successful even though she has several obstacles in her life.
So what are some ways to protect our wonderful planet? Lucky for you, before writing this post, I came up with a list.
- Use reusable bags. I know in some stores in Australia, such as Coles and Woolworths, they have banned single use plastic bags. I think this is an excellent initiative taken by them.
- Carpool when possible. Carpooling is super easy, and carpooling with friends can become a really enjoyable experience too.
- SAVE WATER!!!!!! Don’t leave the tap running when brushing your teeth or washing the dishes. Take shorter showers. Yes, all of this is possible. When Australia was experiencing severe drought, these are all things we were encouraged to do, and I survived it.
- SAVE ELECTRICITY!!!!!! When not using electrical appliances, make sure they are switched off. If you can also get energy-efficient bulbs, try using them.
- Recycle. This is kind of self-explanatory:)
Every small thing you do makes a difference guys! You are never to young to save the world!! Stay safe and happy belated Earth day!! Anna xx