Many of us feel scared, helpless and the total opposite of positive during these tough times. Why? Because we have the news on 24/7, everyone talks only about the corona virus, and a bunch of other stuff related to these two things(I couldn’t be bothered writing all of them 😋). I decided to write this post, because I am using some techniques to be slowly more positive about the corona virus and I thought I’d share them with you!
- To start off, TURN OFF THE NEWS. I mean, it’s good to keep up with the rest of the world but not if its affecting your mental health and making you a depressed, anxious person. It’s just not worth it. And besides, the only thing on the news nowadays is corona virus death-toll counts, infection counts and lockdown measures news. Why do we need all that negativity?
- Think about all the awesome things you’re going to do after lockdown measures are eased. You might be thinking, “Yea that ain’t gonna happen in a long, long time, Anna.” Even if it is not going to be over soon (but let’s still be optimistic), we know its going to happen SOMEDAY. And that day will probably be the happiest day of my life. I’m going to go outside with my friends, walk to the bus stop again, and I’m actually going to enjoy school. What about you?
- DREAM. I know this might sound weird, but take a moment to dream about a perfect life. With everything back to normal, and you enjoying a cup of hot chocolate with your friends or something. Go wild. The boundaries of reality don’t have to stop you!
- Do yoga. I’ve put some info about yoga in another one of my posts which I will link at the bottom. Yoga is a very relaxing, calming technique. After yoga, I honestly feel so much better about the world!
- Video chat with friends or people you miss. Just because we are physically isolated from all our friends, doesn’t mean that we have to completely ghost them! I know that I was freaking out, and that when I called my friend, just looking at her face calmed me down A LOT.
The above button is a link to my other post. I’m trying something new with the button thing:) I hope this helped! Stay safe!! Anna xx